Business growth and contemporary aviation operation where older system can no longer meet the requirements with increased cost, risk and nonalignment with modern regulatory compliances, goes obsolete, giving way for inevitable system modernization. It comes in the form of Migration to newer version, Redevelopment of legacy system or Replacement with a more capable system.
What are the key challenges?
When question arises on the necessity of modernization, first thing that comes in thought is the resistance of the legacy system. A major challenge in legacy system is the resistance to align with the change in business process. Legacy systems hold business back by lagging in various upgraded technology. Integration of older systems with newer systems poses difficulties because new software may use advanced technology. Next comes noncompliance, where legacy systems don’t meet the modern regulatory requirements, often limiting operator’s capabilities and lack in fulfilling demands of employees trained in modern technologies. This in turn triggering limited efficiency; legacy systems minimize operator’s performance in the world of competition. Aviation operators become trapped with their legacy system resulting in more spends and limited invention. It also fails optimizing large volume of data compared to a newer system.
How to overcome challenges?
System Modernization enables one to gain the driven functionalities at the age of cloud technology. The following techniques including but not limited to help overcome legacy system challenges.
- Redevelop or restructure the complete legacy system
- Migrate to a newer version of existing system
- Completely replace the legacy system with a newer and improved one
The easier way to remember the techniques to overcome challenges is the mnemonic CART.
- Cost: Value for money! Not only we have more spending options than in past, we now have more choices. Primary concern among organizations is to meet financial obligations by choosing a system which can optimize Airlines business with minimal expenditure.
- Accuracy: It’s interesting, but is it accurate and reliable! Accuracy is only one dimension for system modernization. Managing data accuracy, consistency and coherency is vital in system modernization. A system will be judged on its accuracy and reliability for operations.
- Risk: Regardless of financial constraints, organizations decide on impact of modernization considering safety in aviation. Risk can occur due to technical compatibility, data corruption, performance etc. The point of discussion here about risk is the decision making factor. Risks cannot be eliminated, however it can be reduced, avoided and shared by various means out of which adopting a modernize system is the key for an organization.
- Time: How long will it take! There is a proverb saying, ‘No amount of gold can buy you time’. Out of all the factors only time is the one which is limited hence precious. Expectation is to get more done in less time. Hence considering the amount of downtime is significant.
How Ramco Aviation helps?
For a successful system modernization, the key factor is proven analysis which is done by well experienced Ramco consultants, where they understand customer and stakeholder’s requirements, which involve both current and expected business process including future growth. Ramco Aviation offers tailor-made model for flexible operation across the globe whether it’s large, medium or small organizations. Ramco Aviation follows best management practices which involves efficient planning, a clear understanding of methodology from the customer perspective, impact analysis on current system, system testing, training requirements, adequate resource and operational transition to the new system. In management terms, it involves financial management, risk management etc.
Ramco Aviation follows best in industry - parallel transition strategy where new system runs concurrently with the old one until data consistency and accuracy of new system gets verified. The greatest advantage of this is its very low risk factor, preeminent accuracy and optimized efficiency. Ramco Aviation has a considerable progress and it always makes enhancements to the existing system which facilitates user not only with modern technology also with proven customer satisfaction. Current Version of Ramco Aviation is v5.7 series which has been chosen by many operators.
Customers who migrated from Ramco’s older version to the newer version include Air Methods, Air Evac EMS Inc., Med Trans Corporation and Columbia Helicopters. Customers who opted for Ramco, leaving there legacy system behind are SFS Aviation, Malaysia Airlines, Able Engineering, Falcon Aviation, Hevilift and many more.
Modernizing with Ramco provides benefits in terms of reduced cost, which minimizes high paid maintenance expenditures of the legacy system. New advanced system brings access to latest technology, makes organization more efficient, provides enhanced level of security, supports for integration with all new technologies, flexibility whether to be on premise or on cloud and overcome non-alignment towards modern aviation practices.
Key highlights of Ramco Aviation include but not limited to:
- Compliance with the latest regulatory innovations and safety procedures
- Flexibility for excellent data management practice optimizing aviation operations
- Extends user experience with improved performance