Krishnakumar K S
GM – Enterprise Process Solutions
Have you ever confused when your watch shows 10 and your boss tells you it’s five minutes past ten?
“…Where mathematical process is no longer adequate for highly complex procedures and approximations do not provide the satisfactory results; fuzzy logic is a reliable technology to define a control…”
Manufacturing process control and modeling are usually complex and tedious as they involve control of widely varying parameters. Any expert controlling these processes, therefore, requires a deep sense of judgment and intuition.
The five prime objectives of manufacturing industry are:
- productivity – efficient manufacturing,
- quality – maintaining consistent quality products,
- cost – reducing the cost of production,
- safety – safety measures such as people safety, raw material and equipment safety etc., and
- environmental factors – environmental factors for greener earth.
Controlling any manufacturing processes are difficult because of:
- difficulty in measurements
- non-linear characteristics
- variable time delays
- external disturbances
You require an Expert System which is:
- dynamic, quick and alert in decision-making
- offers time critical control which is pro-active and
- flexible in adapting to process situations
We use different technologies like Neural network modeling and Fuzzy logic control for controlling the plant:
- various parameters are measured and used to monitor and control a process
- where mathematical process is no longer adequate for highly complex procedures and approximations do not provide the satisfactory results; fuzzy logic is a reliable technology to define a control
Optima framework is an ideal way of operating the plant. It captures the knowledge base into the system and builds the solution using our expertise to implement the optimization control. The optimization solution improves plant productivity in process intensive industries such as cement, power, chemicals and fertilizers.
Ramco’s Optima framework offers benefits in process stability, productivity, quality, raw material consumption and energy efficiency keeping the cost of production to a minimum. This framework helps in achieving the main objectives by implementing the optimization control.
This product has established its effectiveness in the cement industry. The system is extensively used in cement industry where it has been tested and has resulted in:
- stable Kiln operation
- stable Clinker quality
- reduced energy cost
- fuel saving
- increased process reliability
- longer product life span